Transmission Repair and Replacement
At Perrysburg Auto Mall, we understand your transmission is a vital system that must be running at peak performance to keep you and your family moving forward. Along with our exceptional car maintenance and auto repair services, we offer a wide range of transmission repair services for all makes and models. Since the transmission plays such a vital role in the movement of your vehicle, signs of a worn out or under-performing transmission are often hard to miss. If you notice any of the following common warning signs of transmission failure, it’s time to call Perrysburg Auto Mall to service your vehicle.
Some common signs of transmission failure include:
- Dark or think transmission fluid are common signs that your fluid needs to be changed immediately. Your transmission fluid should be bright red or brown. Transmission fluid helps facilitate gear shifts, cools the transmission, and lubricates all the moving components. If your transmission fluid is burnt, you may also notice an unpleasant burning odor.
- Delayed acceleration is a common sign that your gears are not working properly. Your speeds should lock in immediately, but if you feel like your tires are spinning or your vehicle is not moving with acceleration, you have a problem.
- Stalling is a common sign that your transmission or another vital component is failing. If this happens, your car is unsafe, and you should schedule maintenance immediately.
- Jerking or shaking when you are shifting gears are common indicators that your transmission needs to be inspected. Shifting gears should be a smooth and unnoticeable transition.
- Grinding, squeaking, or squealing noises when shifting are indicators that the metal in your transmission is rubbing and wearing down your transmission.
DIY Maintenance Tips
- While many factors may cause your car’s transmission to fail, you play a vital role in making sure your vehicle is operating at peak performance, keeping you and your family safe. Before you take off for your next destination, below are a few essential maintenance tips to keep you moving on your way.
- Periodically check the color of your vehicle’s transmission fluid. Your transmission fluid should appear bright or brown. If it is dark or thick, it needs to be changed immediately. Reference the owner’s manual for the proper way to check your vehicle’s transmission fluid.
- Change your transmission fluid. Your owner’s manual will recommend the frequency of a fluid change. For most makes and models, it is recommended to change the transmission fluid every 30,000 to 50,000 miles. Always make sure the transmission fluid pan is removed, cleaned properly, and a new filter is installed.
- Be careful when shifting gears. Never shift gears while the car is in motion.
- Accelerate smoothly. This allows gears to transition at the right time without being forced.
Your Transmission Service Professional
If DIY maintenance doesn’t cut it, our automotive service excellence and factory trained master transmission technicians at Perrysburg Auto Mall are more than qualified to repair and replace your vehicle’s transmission. We offer you a full line of transmission services you may not find anywhere else including:
- Engine Rebuilds & Replacements
Over time, a poorly maintained engine can wear down, causing it to fail. To completely rebuild the engine, an experienced professional will need to dismantle, fix, and restore it. If your vehicle’s engine is beyond fixing, a full engine replacement will be necessary. We will replace the old engine with a new one to get you back on the road.
- Transmission Rebuilds & Replacements
Damage to your transmission will call for a complete rebuild. We will disassemble your transmission, repair the failing components, and rebuild it to spec, saving you a lot of money compared to an entire replacement. Although, if your transmission cannot be repaired, we provide full transmission replacement.
- Routine Maintenance
With the right care and proper maintenance from the experienced Perrysburg Auto Mall team, you can avoid common engine and transmission problems. Scheduling routine maintenance is the best way to extend the life of your vehicle. Many vehicles require regular maintenance every 30,000 miles. When your car is in for regular maintenance, we can help catch and fix minor issues before they turn into costly repairs later.
As soon as you see signs of trouble under the hood, call the professionals at Perrysburg Auto Mall for comprehensive service. Our extensive warranty program backs all of our car maintenance and auto repair services. We also offer financing options for more extensive repairs as well as free loaner vehicles during the time of your vehicle’s repair.
Schedule an appointment for a routine transmission maintenance today!
How often should I change my transmission fluid?
The timing depends on your vehicle manufacturer. For most makes and models, it is recommended to change the transmission fluid every 30,000 to 50,000 miles. Check your owners manual for more details.
What are the common signs of transmission problems?
The common signs of transmission problems include grinding or squealing noises, dark or thick transmission fluid, delayed acceleration, stalling, or irregularities when shifting gears. If you are experiencing any of these signs, schedule an appointment today with experts at Perrysburg Auto Mall.
What does my check engine light indicate?
There are many reasons your check engine light may come on, including a malfunctioning sensor, low tire pressure, low transmission fluid, and other common problems. For proper diagnosis, call the professionals at Perrysburg Auto Mall for adequate inspection.
My car squeals and jerks when I shift gears, is this a problem?
Yes, these are common indicators that your transmission is failing. If the components of your transmission wear down too far, they may cause the need for a complete transmission replacement.
Can I drive with a leaking transmission?
While your vehicle will continue to operate for some time, we do not recommend driving if your transmission is leaking. Since the transmission is a vital component for the movement of your vehicle, any loss of transmission fluid can significantly affect the performance of the car as well as your safety.